Re: [CQ-Contest] Rohn 45 vs 55

To: "'Tony Rogozinski'" <trogo@telegraphy.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rohn 45 vs 55
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:31:59 -0400
Best to ask questions like this on the TowerTalk reflector.

I don't know for sure, but the brackets fit snugly and there may not be 1/4"
of slop in the spacing. The Maximum Vertical Downpull spec on the brackets
is slightly different. That would suggest somewhat different size material
is used. This may or may not be significant, but it's best to follow the
manufacturer's recommendations and use the right part number.

As for the bolts, if you mean the section bolts then half of them will work
and half won't. 45G sections have two different size holes in each leg,
requiring one 5/16" x 2 3/8" bolt and one 7/16" x 2 1/2" bolt. The 55G bolt
holes are both the same size -- 7/16" x 2 1/2".

73, Dick WC1M