[CQ-Contest] Excess bounces

To: "cq-contesting" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Excess bounces
From: "Dick-w0raa" <w0raa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:21:05 -0600
I hope the moderator of this reflector sees this.

I have had many e-mails bounced back to senders.  On August 20 I was admitted
to Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs with a staph infection from surgery 5
days prior.  The staph was MRSA, in short, a staph that can kill you.  My XYL
took me to the ER and they immediately admitted me into ICU.  She was told that
if we had family she should call them in as they did not think I would make it
through the night.  I did, thanks to all the prayers of family & friends.  I
was in the hospital for 5 weeks.  All of this from "minor" surgery on my foot.
I wasn't ready to go yet, as the contest season was just starting.

I got home from the hospital on Tuesday evening 9/23, and managed to muster
enough strength to get into the CQ WW DX RTTY Contest.  It was my very worst
showing, but I did manage 24 Q's and 888 points.  I wanted to do better, but
also, I didn't want to overdo it.  At least I made a showing. Maybe they give
certificates for lousy scores.  Hi Hi. I am on a very strong anti-biotic drip
everyday for the next few weeks.  It sure saps my strength, but it is killing
the staph and keeping me alive.

If you don't know what MRSA is, do a Google on it and be aware.

I hope the moderator will check to be sure I am not unsubscribed from this
reflector.

73,
Dick
W0RAA