[RTTY] CQ Magazine / CQ WW RTTY results

To: "LA6FJA/K3RAG Stein Roar Brobakken" <s-roabr@online.no>, "'RTTY List'" <RTTY@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ Magazine / CQ WW RTTY results
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 22:20:04 -0500
CROSS-POSTED TO EXTEND THE SEARCH AUDIENCE

Rag,

The first two years of the CQWW RTTY contest were promoted by
Dale Sinner, W6IWO and sponsored jointly by the RTTY Journal
and 73 Magazine. The contest was held in February 1986 and 1987,
if my memory is correct.

In 1988 CQ Magazine would become the sole sponsor and move the
event to its current date, the last full weekend in September. This year
marks the 20th Anniversary of CQ's sponsorship, although I don't
recall any mention of this.

When you research for early contest results, make sure you pick
up the first two years with the original sponsors. I do not have any
of these magazines but maybe some of the readers on the reflectors
can dig out copies and scan the contest pages for you.

Good luck with this project.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN