Re: [CQ-Contest] Oceania DX

To: Rick Kiessig <r@kiessig.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Oceania DX
From: Phil VK4BAA <philhss@tesco.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 4:50:15 +0100
Hello Rick,

I had a dabble on 80m during the contest, to try-out a new antenna. It seemed
to work OK.

I managed to grab a few EU, NA, JA and OC stations into the log and got some
favourable coments on my signal so things look good. I worked you on Saturday
night - nice signal!

I was asked by one chap which way I was beaming - long or short path - and
could I change please to see which was best. A rotatable beam on 80m is the
domain of the fortunate few, but I suggested that I could indeed change
direction but please allow me some time to grow another tree to support the
wires..... I'll be right back......

I also had a go at 40m to try the other newly erected antenna - it also seemed
to work OK. I didn't go on any other bands as I've no antenna up for anything
else.

Cheers,

Phil
VK4BAA / VK4KW