[CQ-Contest] Contesting tips?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting tips?
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:51:24 +1300
Does anyone know of a good source of tips for contesting strategies?  It's
still new to me, so I'm trying to work my way up the learning curve (on the
SSB side).

I'm looking for things like details on how to best make use of a second VFO,
strategies for switching between running and S&P, if/how/when to pick up
QSOs for stations not participating in the contest (when allowed, of
course), how to best leverage spots, when to submit a spot and when not to,
pileup management (on both sides), radio management (transmit bandwidth,
memories, voice recording, etc), and so on.

Thanks,

Rick, ZL2HAM