[CQ-Contest] RTTY down low in the band

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY down low in the band
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:22:48 EDT
OK, this will start a fire..

Last Sunday, during the Illinois QSO Party, I was at 7030 +/-, Sunday,  about
2200z.  I had 6 JARTS RTTY guys fire up, dead center on me.

Two things here. 1) Why do the rtty guys find it necessary to go so far low
in the band?? This wasn't CQWW RTTY.

2) What happened to common courtesy? OK, I understand sometimes cw guys  fire
up high in the band. But, that's kinda rare.

The cool thing about the PRO 3 is the ability to decode rtty on the screen.
I did. And, there are 4 SA stations, one W, and on carrib that won't be
getting  any QSO's from me in the future. A loud 5C5 was one of them. They were
20
over  at times, I know I had a decent signal also...they heard me. They stayed
dead on  my run freq. No class at all.

Flame suit one..

73- Chuck KI9A