Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW ...Ten Days To Go!

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW ...Ten Days To Go!
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:18:44 -0700
     One of the fun parts of the Sweepstakes is working college and
university club stations on the air for the Collegiate Championship.
Check out the results from 2007:

     http://www.collegiatechampionship.org/results/2007/

     Last year, two new college clubs entered for the first time: the
University of Mississippi W5UMS and the South Dakota School of Mines and
Tehnology K0VVY.  If you have connections to a college or university club
station, encourage them to get on the air for the Sweepstakes!

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:53:33AM -0400, Sean Kutzko KX9X wrote:
> Hiya folks-
>
> We've got just ten days before CW Sweepstakes, and I'm getting pumped
> up. As Ward N0AX and I requested, we're hearing from lots of folks who
> will be operating from some of the far-flung paths on the first weekend
> in November.
>
> Sylvan, VE5ZX will be on from Saskatchewan.
>
> Our old friend J, VY1JA will be operating much farther north this year,
> from VE8RCS. Eric, VY1EI will also be on to help out the need for the NT
> multiplier. Having only two stations from such a rare mult could make it
> difficult; anybody up for a last-minute trip to Whitehorse?
>
> As for me? Well, I've looked at the charts, graphs and diagrams of the
> needed ones and decided to operate from Nebraska for SS CW this year,
> thanks to WN0L and N0LOP. I'll do what I can to get you into the log.
>
> Are you going to be QRV in SS CW from a rare one? Let me know, or post a
> note to the CQ-Contest reflector. Keep those cards and lettters coming,
> folks!
>
> 10 days...
>

> 73,
>
> Sean Kutzko, KX9X
> Contest Branch Manager
>
> ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
> 225 Main Street
> Newington CT 06111-1494
> Telephone: 860-594-0232
> Fax: 860-594-0259