[CQ-Contest] Seeking Skimmer Experience in This Fall's Contests

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Seeking Skimmer Experience in This Fall's Contests
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:01:38 -0400
[This is a repost of a message first posted on October 2, with permission
of the moderators]

I am seeking reports of specific, real-contest experience with CW Skimmer
as the basis for a follow-up article for National Contest Journal.  PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY on the REFLECTOR - send your input directly and only to me
(n4zr@contesting.com).

Did you use Skimmer?  In what contest, and what class?  What hardware and
software implementation?  What worked well, and what didn't?  Be as
specific and detailed as you like (or as brief as you want).

If you considered using Skimmer but decided not to, tell me why you made
that decision.  I will compile a compendium of responses to all these
questions, as the basis for the article.  If there is interest, I'll find a
place to post the full compendium, like the old reflector summaries of
yore, before we all had bandwidth to burn.

If you'd rather not have your call associated with your input, or if you
would rather not have your input included in the compendium, please be sure
to tell me.

Thanks in advance!

73, Pete N4ZR