Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Sweepstakes Then and Now (Long)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Sweepstakes Then and Now (Long)
From: Ken Claerbout <kclaerbo@bbg.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:01:07 -0400
  Since we are taking a look back, allow me to mention that the Potomac Valley
Radio Club (PVRC) will be airing the calls of two founding members, W3GRF &
W4KFC, in both modes of Sweepstakes as part of the 75th anniversary
celebration.  It's kind of like the NFL teams wearing those old throwback
jerseys for a game.  Maryland station K3ZO will operate W3GRF on CW and K3MM on
SSB.  W4KFC will be operated in Virginia by K4EU on CW and K4ZW on SSB.  Lenny
and Vic's original check numbers will be used.  Thanks to Mike Cizek W3MC and
Ken Clark W4KFC for their support of this effort.

Ken K4ZW