[CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest Provisional Results

To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "uk-contest, UK Contest" <uk-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest Provisional Results
From: don.field@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:59:07 +0100
We posted the email below a few weeks ago to all entrants who had submitted
electronically. This contained details of how to locate the provisional
results, where to find photos, etc. and where to locate your personal
adjudication report (UBN in CQ terminology). Also details of how to appeal
if you spotted any errors in category, etc. But we are aware that some did
not get through Spam filters, etc. So here are the details, in case you
were an entrant and haven't seen them. There are still a couple of
validation steps we need to take (for example, it seems that some entrants
have claimed expedition status from islands accessible by bridge), but we
hope to announce the final results in the next few weeks. If you need me to
resend the URL for your personal adjudication report, please email me
directly (don.field@gmail.com).

Don G3XTT

IOTA Contest Manager

We are pleased to announce that we now have the provisional Results
(subject to appeal).

REPORT:
Thisyear, despite the low sun-spots, we received 1950 logs (a record),
some535,000 qsos sufficient to enable us adjudicate 70% of all qsos.
Inaddition, we have received photographs  from 227 stations, and morethan
a 46% of the stations entered their location using google maps. We have
integrated both the maps and photographs on the results page and we hope
that they would provide a richer experience.

Wealso give you the opportunity to enter/edit your location on googlemaps
and you can email any contest related photographs (1 per station)to the
contest manager: iotacontest@rsgbhfcc.org

Wewere particularly concerned this year at the number of QSOs whichappear
to have taken place outside the contest-specified frequencysegments. Rule 3
states:
Contest-preferred segments should beobserved, no operation to take place on
3560 - 3600, 3650 - 3700, 14060- 14125 and 14300 - 14350kHz. We realize
that some entrants may not befamiliar with this rule, but it is important
to observe theserestrictions to avoid undue QRM to other band users.

Manythanks for taking part in IOTA 2008. Certificates will be sent
toleading scorers in each category and a list of trophy winners will
bepublished in due course.

APPEALS:
Should you have anyqueries/disagreements about our adjudication please let
us knowIMMEDIATELY. The results will be finalised by November 2nd 2008.

RESULTS PAGE:
http://iotacontest.com/contest/iota/2008/finalScore.php

PHOTO GALLERY:
http://www.iotacontest.com/contest/iota/2008/gallery.php