[CQ-Contest] special goodies for 75'th ss

To: "YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>, "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, "Rlx" <RLX@yahoogroups.com>, "Nobarc" <nobarc@nobarc.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] special goodies for 75'th ss
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:14:57 +0000
Remember, this is a special anniversary year for the November ss... from
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2008/novss.html
So get on and make those 100 qso's or try for a clean sweep.

Special 75th Anniversary Prizes

As 2008 is the 75th running of the November Sweepstakes, the ARRL is
offering special prizes to help celebrate this Diamond Anniversary of the
premier domestic contest.

Any station who submits a SS log with 75 sections worked will receive a
special commemorative magnet free of charge.

Any station who submits a log with a "Clean Sweep" (working all 80 ARRL/RAC
sections in the contest) will receive a commemorative Clean Sweep whisk
broom free of charge.

Clean Sweep coffee mugs will again be available for purchase. For the 75th
Anniversary of SS, the mugs will be made of fine glass and will be etched
with the Sweepstakes logo. These crystal mugs will only be available for
this year's Sweepstakes, which will make them a highly sought-after item.
Price is $16 per mug, which includes shipping. Orders must be received by
January 31, 2009.

The ARRL is again pleased to continue its PINS (Participation In November
Sweepstakes) program for 2008. Anyone who completes 100 contacts on CW or
Phone during Sweepstakes is eligible to purchase one of these attractive
Participation Pins. Pins are based on claimed scores. Each pin includes the
year and mode and has become a popular tradition in the November Sweepstakes
event. Pins cost $6, which includes postage and handling.

Magnets and Clean Sweep whisk brooms will be shipped without any action
required by those who qualify. To order a Clean Sweep mug or Participation
Pin, attach a note to the front of your summary sheet indicating the number
of pins or mugs ordered along with your check. To order by credit card, you
may either include your credit card information in the summary sheet, or
call during regular business hours and we will take your info over the
phone. If you enter electronically, send a copy of your summary sheet with a
note and your check attached to: ARRL Contest Branch, 225 Main St,
Newington, CT 06111. Please put "Sweepstakes Mugs" or "Sweepstakes Pins" on
the envelope to help us process your request faster.

All orders for Sweepstakes mugs or pins must be received no later than
January 31, 2009. Please note that we do not keep these items in stock;
orders will be filled once we know how many requests we have.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net