Re: [CQ-Contest] (no subject)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] (no subject)
From: Steven Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:41:58 +0000 (UTC)
---------
During SS phone last weekend I heard a KP4 sending only his serial number and
precedent. He didn't give a check or section. Will it be counted as a valid
qso? If it isn't, I wonder how many will miss the sweep because of it.
---------

I asked him for the remaining information and for the check he gave me the
following "94 or 95, i can't remember which." When I asked for the full
exchange, some other station on frequency started to complain because I was
delaying his chance for a sweep - I guess if the KP4ZY doesn't turn in a log it
doesn't really matter what i put down. I guess the rules only matter when the
other station turns in a log?

As a side note, some of the contesters out there need to re-read Part 97
Subpart B 97.101d. Firing up 200hz above a station on LSB with the intent of
running them off the frequency surely qualifies as willful and malicious
interference. And yes I'm pointing my finger at you Mr. 9 call in 6 land.

-Steve, WM3O