Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:07:05 -0600
There is no requirement to exchange the callsign twice! There is no odd
"double portion" of the exchange! Where did you get the idea of someone
getting DQ'ed for it? Sheesh. We need some reality here - please!

Your call needs to be sent ONCE in the middle of the exchange - that's it.
What you do before and after the exchange does not matter. Focus on what
happens on the air.

Here's how it might have gone ON THE AIR with N3LI running:

N3LI: QSL N3 Lima India SS
W5OV: Whiskey 5 Oscar Victor
N3LI: W5OV 123 Alpha N3LI 99 EPA (or is it WPA?)
W5OV: 234 Bravo W5OV 73 NTX
N3LI: QSL N3 Lima India SS

No double sending of callsigns in the exchange!

If someone chooses to enter the callsign twice in their logging program -
that is their business. I could care less. My perspective aligns with the
rules.

The only issue is that you must send the callsign over the air in the right
order in the exchange.

How you choose to log it does not matter. The rules do not stipulate this
either.

This is a computer logging issue, not a required exchange issue.

Clear enough?

73,

Bob W5OV