Re: [CQ-Contest] Station not giving a check or section

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station not giving a check or section
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:58:50 -0800
The station in question often gave out partial exchanges. He didn't utter
the phrase "Puerto Rico" on every QSO but he did say it while I was
listening. He also gave out two years a couple times while I was in the
pileup. When I worked him, I asked explicitly for the year he was first
licensed and he replied "x or x+1; I don't remember." I logged one of those
years since my logging program doesn't provide fuzzy data entry. Others may
log the other. I doubt he will submit a log. I doubt the log checker DQs a
QSO if the call is non-unique and others logged a different year. Who's to
judge in such a case? Of course if he does submit a log claiming one of
those years, those who logged the other year will lose. Fortunately for me,
I worked another KP4.

/Rick N6XI