[CQ-Contest] XX9A ??

To: 'Contest Reflector' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] XX9A ??
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:30:52 -0600 (CST)
I operated 40 only for the last couple hours of the contest.  I wish
they didn't have this one the weekend after the USA Thanksgiving holiday.
I always have so much going on ...

Anyway, in the last minute of the contest I heard a station on 7009
signing XX9A. He had a decent signal here.

I have not worked XX9 on 40 meters.  I called him and evidently went past
the end of the contest time.  I didn't care, as all I wanted was a QSO,
outside of contest time. Several people kept sending on top of him
"Contest over" and I kept sending "I just want a QSO no contest" but they
ignored me and kept QRM'ing him with "contest over".  Then he disappeared.
So I missed out this time.

The funny thing is I cannot find any packet spots at all now for XX9A. I
am sure that was the call I heard.  Did anyone else hear or work him?
Maybe it was a pirate?

73, Zack W9SZ