Re: [CQ-Contest] The contest is over

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The contest is over
From: "Zack Widup" <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:49:35 -0600
It's those unusual prefixes that throw people sometimes, when they are
unexpected.  I knew 5K0T was active from Serrana Bank and was excited to see
they were actually in the contest.  I did hear them sending 6 dits for the
"5" sometimes; I guess that might have been their way of trying to make sure
people logged "5". Must've wreaked havoc on the code reading machines,
though.
:-)

I worked 3X5A who was sending "3X5AUP" without a break between the A and the
UP. I didn't know of the station ahead of time and sent my report "3X5AUP
5NN 4" and then he sent "TU 3X5A (long pause) UP". Interestingly, I worked
him on his frequency.

73, Zack W9SZ