Re: [CQ-Contest] 160M DX Window question

To: Doug Smith <doug@mtbluesky.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160M DX Window question
From: W6SX Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:55:22 -0800
At 09:44 PM 26 12 2008, Doug Smith, W7KF wrote:

>I see various references to the DX Window on 160 Meters.  In some places it's
>listed as 1830 to 1835 and in others as 1830 to 1840 and maybe to 1850.

According to the ARRL

Considerate Operator's Frequency Guide

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bandplan.html

there is no DX Window on 160 meters.  There used to be.  A number of
years back, ARRL discontinued the DX window.  ARRL states that
individual contests can designate a DX window for a contest.  The
Stew Perry does not designate a DX window.

This is the ARRL position.  Other people and organizations hold
different views.  Have fun.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light