Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs: Why?

To: "K0HB" <K0HB@ARRL.ORG>, "Cq-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs: Why?
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:58:57 -0800
Hans, you don't get it. You learn from others and thereby "hijack the work
product of other contesters to improve my score." Improving your score by
learning from other contesters, whether it be at Contest University at
Dayton, or in magazine articles or in a private conversation, or in public
logs detailing public communications made on the public airwaves is all
learning based on the work product of others. My analysis of a few public
logs (my work product,) using Dave's work product and, after it worked for
me, describing the technique on the reflector so others might benefit from
that work product hardly seems like "hijacking the work product of others."

Hans, you don't get it. The contest sponsor can do whatever it wants.
Sponsoring a contest is not a democracy. You don't get to vote on the rules.
It's their football. It's their team.  It's their stadium. You can
participate or not. You can submit a log or not. You can sponsor your own
contest and not make the logs public.

This topic has really been beaten to death.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT