Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about Cabrillo Files for NAQP

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about Cabrillo Files for NAQP
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:58:06 -0500
The NAQP Cabrillo Log Specification can be found here:
<http://www.ncjweb.com/NAQP_Cabrillo_Spec.txt>

That shows as examples a value for the QTH field of XE for Mexico and
KP4 for Puerto Rico.

According to that spec, the "QTH" field is just three characters long so
values like "Mexico" and "Argentina"  might cause problems with your log
(or then again they might not) depending on how permissive the sponsor's
robot and log checking are.

FWIW, QTH values of XE, KP4 and blank (for non-NA DX) are known to work
correctly, so why takes chances?

73,
Mike K1MK