[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:34:14 +0000 (GMT)

I fully support your right to not submit your log.

I have just reread the CQWW Rules and I do not see any explanation of "why" the
are made public, so I have to wonder where you got your information about
"quelling" fear
of cheating or that public logs had anything at all do with "cheating."  I am
not being
rhetorical, I would genuinely like to know the source.

And reading your memo, one might conclude that you didn't know that this policy
prior to the 2008 CQWW.  This was not a new policy for 2008; logs have been
made public and has been so stated in the previous CQWW Rules.

Again, it is your right to not submit the 6Y1V log and I will never challenge
you on that right.

de Doug KR2Q
CQ-Contest mailing list