[CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM
From: "Bokverket" <info@bokverket.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:34:04 +0100
Simlar experience:

I was driving towards SK0UX / SK0X around 4 am. Our local time is GMT+1, and
it's not that fun to start at 1 a.m. so I used to take a "rest at the start"
and maybe fire up at 5 a.m.  The freeway there is from the city center
passing through wealthy suburbs before becoming "in the middle of nowhere"
where the QTH is located. I ran into the biggest DUI and general check I
ever saw. Lots of police cars, big arrangement, they actually blocked the
freeway and detoured all traffic to have a chance to look cars over.

The cops must have been very surprised with all my radio gear in the car (we
don't keep rigs at the station), sleeping-bag, food etc, but they did not
comment.   I _had_ had a good beer a few hours earlier, and Swedish DUI laws
are _very_ strict, but it didn't show.

But re Mark's and Doug's analysis of who gets pulled over, at least they
pulled almost everyone over! And the contest went well....

CQ-Contest mailing list