Re: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM

To: "'Michael Coslo'" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "'CQ-Contest com'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:09:01 -0700
And this entire conversation started with comments about a number of
perennial top finishers sending in late, yes LATE logs.  Not logs at the
deadline, past the deadline.

There should probably be separate discussions of various sub plots that came
out of this like:

Should log deadlines be moved up
Should logs be accepted after the deadline and qualify for placement, i.e.
not checklog.
Should sponsors publish the date the log was received

If you are not cheating, I see no reason to get up in arms about it.  Those
that cheat will continue to do so, however I think we need to be diligent
and attempting to identify and stop cheaters.

What I find amusing is that Power has been overlooked and passed off with a
wink wink for as long as I can recall and that is a violation of our
license.  Log massaging, rubber clocking, packet, skimmer, etc is not and
gets far more attention.

Mike W0MU

never get over." Ben Franklin