Re: [CQ-Contest] AH1A

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] AH1A
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:44:01 -0600
"The FCC's action prompted an idea from ARRL Rocky Mountain Director
Walt Stinson, W0CP, who was among the 1993 AH1A team members. "No
DXpedition since AH1A has been permitted to obtain a relevant prefix
designator, although many have sought them," he said this week."

73 - Jim AD1C

I am going to go out on a limb again and "assume" the information
provided above is accurate!

If so, this is precisely why I made my original comment about

Why have one policy that assigns a prefix like KP5 to a place like
Desecheo and then have another policy that says "If you don't have an
address at the location you wish to operate you can't have a call sign
issued with that prefix" particularly when there are no addresses at the

The problem must be in the drinking water!

David ~ KY1V

CQ-Contest mailing list