Re: [CQ-Contest] The Winning Edge

To: CQ-Contest com <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Winning Edge
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:18:45 -0500
On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Steve Sacco wrote:

> Passion and perseverance may be more important to success than mere
> talent. In a world of instant gratification, grit may yield the
> biggest
> payoff of all.

Hear hear! I've dealt with many extremely talented people who are for
lack of a better word - worthless. Had a few work for me. Talent
without drive is no gift - more of a curse.

If more people would spend more time bettering themselves rather than
trying to pull others down, the general situation would improve.

The latter of course, is orders of magnitude easier.

-73 de Mike N3LI -