[CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] No US DX Only - ARRL DX
From: David Wilburn <dave.wilburn@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:19:39 -0500
Ok, I get it, no points for working a US station in ARRL DX.

As well as DX, I was also interested in picking up states for Triple
Play, since lots of states get spotted in this contest.  Both the
stations I tried to work in Washington state (big contesters) came
back and said "No US DX Only", or statements to that effect.

Out of hundreds of contacts both US and DX, the two stations I tried
to work in WA were the ONLY two stations to do this.  It wouldn't be
so bad, but they were CQ 'ing with NO ONE ANSWERING.  It took them
longer to answer me than it would have to put me in the log.  I'm not
trying to say that this is a Washington state thing.  Just annoying.

Some much needed stations (by everyone) that I worked this week (like
Hawaii, Idaho and Belarus) that were CQ'ing when I found them, I put
spots in for.  It was nice to hear them get busy after the spots.  I
would have done the same for the WA stations.

The contacts they would have gotten from the spot would have more than
made up for the 5 letters they would have had to transmit to me.  Oh
wait, they already transmitted more than 5 letters to tell me they
wouldn't work me.  Hmmmmmm.....

Just wanted to take a moment to send a big Thank You to the US
stations that worked me this weekend.  Thanks for helping to nurture
contesting and sharing the amateur spirit.  I very much appreciate the
time you took to answer my call.

Dave Wilburn
NM4M