[CQ-Contest] Signal Strength Comparisons

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Signal Strength Comparisons
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:17:44 -0500
I now have a data file giving all of the spots generated during the ARRL DX
contest by Skimmers in Europe and the US.  I have worked out a query in
Access that makes it pretty easy for me to specify which spotted stations
and which Skimmers should be extracted from the file.  The total file is
over 71,000 spots collected during the 48 hours.

Why should you care?  Felipe, PY1NB is developing the user interface for an
online query at http://skimmer.dxwatch.com that will allow you to ask the
question, "How did my signal compare with my competition in my target
area."  But in the meantime, and for a limited time, I'll do the same
offline for anyone who asks (direct e-mail please).

Tell me your call, those of your competitors (just a few please), and your
target area (either the US or Europe), and I'll send you what I find, in
the form of a text file that you can import into whatever software you want.

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and updated daily
www.conteststations.com