Re: [CQ-Contest] eQSL vs. LoTW 2009 Data Point: Award levels

To: <jpescatore@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] eQSL vs. LoTW 2009 Data Point: Award levels
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:20:20 -0600
This is an interesting idea you have here. I had never thought to compare
the e-QSL and LOTW confirmations as a method of checking which was working
better. I had just assumed that e-QSL with its easier method of use would
far outstrip LOTW. I checked the total mixed countries provided by e-QSL and
LOTW and found:

LOTW Mixed countries confirmed  247
e-QSL Mixed countries confirmed 184

I was really surprised. I have all of my QSOs (57K) since 1978 uploaded to
both. Since, until recently, e-QSL was not valid for any of the awards I was
interested in, my only purpose of uploading to e-QSL was to hopefully reduce
the number of paper cards. I think that between the two it has reduced my
cards from the bureau considerable.

Bill W5VX