[CQ-Contest] Contacting Cushraft Antennas

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contacting Cushraft Antennas
From: "Eric Hilding" <arrl@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:09:35 -0700
Hopefully this info will spare some of you from going down the Black Hole I
did for a while today.

I need some parts for one of my Cushcraft antennas, so typed in
www.cushcraft.com like in the past, only to find myself on a Laird
Technologies website searching through the myriad of ?stuff? on the page and
getting VERY frustrated not finding anything to do with Cushcraft or Amateur
Radio ;0(

The Contact Us link on the page was useless, as I ended up in two different
voice-mails that didn?t even I.D. that the women worked for Laird, Cushcraft
or whomever.  So I finally sent an email to the main info or sales email
address asking how to get in touch with John David who I had dealt with in
the past (not even knowing if he was still there).

Fortunately, John (KB1T ? also a Contester) is still there, and unlike many
of my experiences with general email addresses at companies lately, someone
had actually forwarded my email to him and we did make contact.  John
indicated that info on antennas as well as Manuals are still available to
down-load, but that dealer information, etc. are not fully accurate.  Also,
there is no direct connect via the Contact Us section.

John  sent me a new direct link to the (albeit not like the old Cushcraft
website) sketchy Laird Amateur Radio page:

<http://www.lairdtech.com/Products/Antennas-and-Reception-Solutions/Mobile-R
adio-and-Amateur-Radio-Antennas/Amateur-Radio-Antennas/>
http://www.lairdtech.com/Products/Antennas-and-Reception-Solutions/Mobile-Ra
dio-and-Amateur-Radio-Antennas/Amateur-Radio-Antennas/

IMHO, if you have a need for anything at Cushcraft, my suggestion is to
email John directly:  John.David@lairdtech.com and I?m sure you will receive
the same great service I always have over the years.  Too bad the old
easy-to-navigate Cushcraft website and valid contact info bit the
dust?especially since all my personal contact info is in a state of disarray
at the moment.

FYI & 73?

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust