Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67

To: "Bill Haddon" <haddon.bill@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:12:30 -0500
I wear big honkin' hearing aids and draw a VA disability for severe hearing
damage from 3V8-days.

Someday I suppose it will become so severe that I can't compete.  In the
meantime you won't be "making me feel bad" if I'm not spoon fed
("pre-filled") the exchange information.  I don't want a "handicapped"
category.

It's a CONTEST, and that implies not every entrant will win, and that those
with hearing challenges will have to develop compensatory skills.  If you
don't have the skills needed to win, practice.

If practice embarrasses you, maybe contesting isn't your game --- I
understand there are some nice DX nets that will help you compensate for
your skill deficiencies.

73, de Hans, K0HB/W7
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy (Retired)
Now "Just a boy and his radio"