Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsign "appendages" in QSO party logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsign "appendages" in QSO party logs
From: "B. Scott Andersen" <bsandersen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 09:14:06 -0400
I use my call sign NE1RD/1 when operating from Georges Island
in Boston Harbor during the RGSB IOTA contest and other times.
The island has the IOTA identifier NA-148 and, though only a
handful of mile from my home, I really do want to treat it separately
in my logs, on LoTW, and eQSL. There is a distinction and I want
to preserve it.

-- Scott (NE1RD)

Tom Macon wrote:
It seems to be common practice to append  /M, /P or /9 (call area) to
logged
calls.  I'm wondering, what is the value of this?  I don't see that
these
appendages contain useful information, at least for WIQP

B. Scott Andersen           | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen -atsign- mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD)           | http://www.bsandersen.com