Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW

To: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "CQ Contesting Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:52:17 -0000

> What we have is a bit of disconnect between database management, and
> the desire of a Ham to get a QSO accepted. If you get your QSO
> acknowledged, you're happy. That database isn't though.

The database doesn't care.  It's just an inanimate collection of organized
electrostatic charges on some server/disk farm.  ARRL isn't in the business
of database management, they're in the business of matching QSO's for
credit.  Whatever works for them........

I was in the tool department at Lowe's the other day, looking at drill bits.
Had a 1/4" bit in my hand, inspecting it.  Helpful employee asked "Do you
want a quarter-inch drill bit?".  Told him "No, I want a quarter-inch hole."

73, de Hans, K0HB
http://k0hb.spaces.live.com/