Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Supplements

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, "Robert L. Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Supplements
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 06:35:59 -0700 (PDT)
I seem to recall an article in CQ (maybe QST) a while back on this subject. The
person in that article suggested the best thing is to be in decent shape and
exercise regularly. I have to admit that when I have been doing a lot of
exercise (read yard work and walking), not only do I sleep better before
contests, but find it easier to stay awake during contests.

I have used a B complex plus C, but not to stay awake, more to offset any
possible things like a cold and stress.

My favorite substances to abuse during a contest involve sugar and/or caffeine
or something chewy during CW events.

I do find getting out of the chair and stretching helps a lot. Thank god for
the F1 key! ;o)

Oh, aspirin comes in handy from time to time too...

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366