Re: [CQ-Contest] VK 4-letter suffixes

To: cq contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VK 4-letter suffixes
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:10:59 -0400
Hi Eddie

Thanks for pointing this out.  I worked one VK with a four letter suffix in
the WPX, and it was a bit confusing as it was unexpected.  In most cases, a
four letter suffix is rare, and this is probably what throws people.  Your
posting will certainly help make folks aware of this issue (thanks!).  At
the same time, what your son needs to do is build call recognition.  The
best way to do that?  Keep his call in MY headphones!

Tom - VE3CX