Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameco PT-3

To: Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt@mail.telepac.pt>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameco PT-3
From: Mike/Shelley Ritz <micritz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:48:01 +0000 (UTC)
Filipe;

I took the lid off my PT-3 and R12 is 100 ohms, 5%, 1/8 watt. I am pretty sure
this is a resistor that acts as a fuse to protect the front end in case the
transmit power does not switch out properly or fast enough. I also had an older
version, Model PT, and have blown that equivalent resistor a couple of times
when my external transmit relay stuck.....

I use my PT-3 strictly for my Beverage receive antenna into the Rx antenna port
of my FT-2000.

Mike, W7VO
Scappoose, OR