[CQ-Contest] Windwood (WP2Z) for sale again

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Windwood (WP2Z) for sale again
From: Bill and Cindy <wb0o@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:48:19 -0700 (PDT)
Just in case you wanted to buy the ultimate contest QTH, I saw that Windwood
(WP2Z)
is for sale again!

My wife and I spent 10 days there in May 2005, including the WPX CW test, and
had
a great time. It was for sale back then, something the then-owner revealed to
us after
we had sent the rental deposit check. When we asked him what would happen if it
sold before we got there (we had booked 3 monthes in advance), he said to not
worry,
it took up to a year to close on a house on St Croix. During our stay it was
easy to
confirm the SLOW pace of life there !!

Back in 2005 it was $ 1.2 M, now it is $2.6 M, and all the antennas have been
taken
down. And it doesn't even have air conditioning!

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/73-Clairmont-Nb_Christiansted_VI_00820_1104465794

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson