Re: [CQ-Contest] REQUEST: ITU zone info for CTY country files

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] REQUEST: ITU zone info for CTY country files
From: "John T. Laney III" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:58:21 -0400
I know it's hard with SO2R, but I recommend listening to what your
computer is sending, at least for a time at the beginnng of each
contest. Twice, I have heard big contest stations sending one call in
the CQ message and another entirely different call in the TU message.
Since, what was being sent was not being monitored, they didn't realize
it until I told them.  Best I could figure, they programmed their
contest call in the CQ message and the TU message defaulted to the
regular station call or to the call used in the prior contest.  73,
John, K4BAI.