[CQ-Contest] FW: DR1A Test & LY0HQ Promo Spam

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: DR1A Test & LY0HQ Promo Spam
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 04:12:22 -0700
You be the judge.

From: Eric Hilding [mailto:b38@hilding.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 4:04 AM
To: 'nccc@contesting.com'
Subject: DR1A Test & LY0HQ Promo Spam

For those who participated in the DR1A on-air CW test in the 20m SSB
spectrum (and filled out the form), didn't you find it interesting that a
kinda-sorta solicitation to work them in the IARU this coming weekend was
included on the message page after submitting?

Perhaps I watched too many Columbo and other detective TV shows, but I found
myself questioning a possible hidden agenda purpose of the tests and data
reporting.

Now, this morning, I get an IARU Contest related SPAM that appears to
contain a cleverly phrased/worded Packet Spot Advance Solicitation:

>We are glad to announce that LY0HQ will be in this year IARU RS-2009 as
headquarter station with 12 different stations.

>Please contact us in every band and mode, we will be lucky of any spot from
You.

>See You in Contest.

<snip>

So, are we going to see more ADVANCE MARKETING & PROMO SPAMS via email prior
to other contests?  Is this part a newly sanctioned global contest strategy
program that I didn't get the Memo about???

Perhaps there are certain coincidences in life, but I don't think so.  You
be the judge.

73.

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust