Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU Rules RE: Packet

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU Rules RE: Packet
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:02:41 -0400
I think the rule-makers have muddled things.  If single-ops using packet
(or Skimmer) are reclassified as multi-single *from the start*, does
that mean they are subject to the rules of the multi-single category or
not?  If they are, then Hal's right, they cannot do real SO2R because of
the band-change rule.  If they are not - if all this means is that they
are classified with the multi-singles, but can operate otherwise as
single-ops, that's fair enough, though I wonder why there are no
single-mode multi-single categories in either the IARU or ARRL 10-meter
contests.

73, Pete N4ZR