[CQ-Contest] KK8I QRT => DL2HBX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KK8I QRT => DL2HBX
From: "Ulrich Ann" <dl2hbx@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:10:24 +0200
All,

as of today, I am off the air in the U.S. because we are relocating back to DL
later this month. Contest QSOs with K3ZO and K1ZZ concluded my six year
presence on the air as KK8I yesterday.

It has been a great ride and I would like to thank the U.S. contest community
for all the fun and camaraderie, both on and off the air. I am grateful for the
hospitality of the contesters in the region, namely K8CC, K3LR, KT8X, W1SKU and
K8AZ who invited me to operate individually or with a team from their fine
stations which are way superior to my 100W / G5RV approach at home. Thanks as
well to K8BB and K8CC for fun mobile operations and to the teams of W8TNO and
K8EPV for great Field Day experiences.

I missed quite a bit of the American contest culture, namely Sweepstakes and
Sprint, but then there is only so much you can do in parallel to the real world
obligations.

I am leaving the U.S. with fond memories, some 'wood' for the German shack wall
and, most importantly, the many friendships that I have made here.

Cuagn from DL!

73! Uli, KK8I, reverting back to DL2HBX