Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: k0rc@citlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:39:33 -0400
Perhaps we can do away with stations sending CQs, thereby wasting much
spectrum. Instead, require them to self spot on the internet instead of CQing.

K8MR  14023.3    CQ                K8MR

If  K0RC wants to work me, he tunes to 14023.3, and sends "K8MR de K0RC".  If I
hear him, I send "K0RC de K8MR 5NN OH". If K0RC hears me, he sends "K8MR TU 5NN
MN", and I send "TU".

Otherwise the frequency remains silent, and open for many other people to use
it until someone else sees my self spot and want to work me.

A much more efficient use of spectrum, allowing many more people to make qsos
on that frequency. This is especially desirable with 15 and 10 meters presently
of very little utility.

73  -  Jim  K8MR     (With tongue firmly implanted in cheek)