Re: [CQ-Contest] Swimming and Skimming

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Swimming and Skimming
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:18:46 -0400
On Aug 2, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Bill Tippett wrote:

> Interesting that the same number 14% appeared in both of these polls!
>
> 73,  Bill  W4ZV
>
> SWIM SUITS : Should the hi-tech swim suits be banned?
>
> Yes - 86%
> No - 14%
> Total Votes: 3698  Poll date: 29/07/09

I think it is obvious that competitive swimming should be done "al
fresco". Eliminates arguments over who's suit is doing what, and would
probably increase television viewership.... ;^)

> Will you consider entering the Xtreme category?
>
> Survey Results
> Yes 14% (26)
> No 68% (125)
> Maybe 10% (19)
> Don't know 5% (10)
> Don't care 2% (4)

I just wish that they wouldn't call it Extreme. It isn't extreme, it
is just using all the tools available.

At this point in the game, the Extreme category is more like running
QRP, a random wire, and hand logging. All while setting on a picnic
table in the park.

-73 de Mike N3LI -