[CQ-Contest] 2 signals on one band?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2 signals on one band?
From: Dennis Ponsness <wb0wao@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:49:58 -0400
> On 8/2/2009 6:51 PM, steve.root@culligan4water.com wrote:
>> If you have more than one signal present on one band, the FCC considers at
>> one of them to be spurious and therefore illegal. That's a bigger deal than
>> a contest rule.

Ummm, I don't think that is entirely accurate.  Let's say you have a 10m beacon
but you are also on 10m working CQWW CW - those are two same mode signals using
the same callsigns on the same band.  Totally legal (both for FCC and 'test
rules).  I think that the FCC considers spurious signals unwanted signal
artifacts of a single, specific transmission and not seperate transmissions
that may be on the same band.  Another example would be a special event station
running phone, digital and CW all with the same call on 20m at the same time -
again totally legal.

73 Dennis - WB0WAO
EM57 Cape Girardeau County, MO