Re: [CQ-Contest] Wintest wining features

To: sq6ms@o2.pl
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wintest wining features
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:54:03 -0400
I have not used Win-Test, but I think blaming the software is not the
answer.  With N1MM, you can edit any of the fields either on-the-fly, or
post contest.  You can also add/delete contacts post contest, and they will
appear in the correct order.  That said, you can edit the output of any
logging program prior to sending it in with a text editor.  If you use
Win-Test, and you want to change the name to "ABC Software Logger", you can
do that too...

The issue is when folks decide to start changing QSO times to conform to the
10-minute rule, they are clearly making a choice to bend and or break the
rules.  As we have seen, the result is not pretty, but not unexpected.  As
CQ has pointed out - top scoring logs should expect extra scrutiny - perhaps
that should be cranked up to include all logs if they have the means to do
it, now that they have a better idea of what to look for

Competition should bring out the BEST in us.

Tom - VE3CX

I fully understand purpose of Time Shift function in WT do you?