[CQ-Contest] QST Tennessee QSO Party

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST Tennessee QSO Party
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:55:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

The Tennessee QSO Party is almost upon us.

We have a total of 11 categories offering plaques. The past couple of years the
plaques have been shaped like the state, this year will be no different. Like
last year, they are handmade from local wood. This year's plaques are Red Oak
and look really spiffy. Made by one of our own TCGers.

We have added a new plaque and we'd like to spread the word:

Youth Plaque (18 and under, In or Out of State)

We felt this would be a good way to try and encourage younger contesters and
give them a shot at a nice plaque. We'll see how it works out. So make sure if
you are competing for this plaque that you include your age with your log
submission!

Another interesting development is at least one of the mobiles will be on RTTY,
assuming there is enough activity.

This years TnQP is in memory of Don, N4TN (SK).

As always, brought to your by the friendly folks of the Tennessee Contest Group.

QST   QST   QST

TENNESSEE QSO PARTY

When:   1800z Sunday, 6 September 2009
Modes:  CW - DIGITAL - PHONE
Bands:  All amateur bands except 60, 30, 17 and 12M.
Exch:   RS(T) and TN County, State, Canadian
        province/territory, or DXCC entity.

We plan to have all 95 counties on the air for at least some part of the
nine hour event, and we need your help.  If you have not yet made your plans
for the 2009 TNQP, now is the time to do so!  Please take a moment to
register your Tennessee county at:
http://reg.tnqp.org/html/cntyregister.htm

Let's see if we can top last year's record breaking Tennessee QSO Party.  It
does not matter how long you participate, as long as you get on for at least
some time during the nine hour event and log a few.  So whether full-time or
part-time, phone, CW, PSK31, RTTY or some other digital mode, make plans now to
activate your county and hand out a few QSOs.  Hams all over the United States
and around the globe will be looking and listening for your county that Sunday,
so fire up that radio, blow the dust out of that microphone or off that key and
help us knock a dent or two in the ionosphere.  Register your plans today
whether mobile, portable or fixed at: http://reg.tnqp.org/html/cntyregister.htm

For complete QSO Party rules, log sheets, county Abbreviations and a list of
active counties, visit the Tennessee QSO Party website at www.tnqp.org

See you on the radio Sunday, 6 September 2009.

Thanks and 73

Greg Tomerlin  K4KO
www.tnqp.org

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366
Elecraft K3/100 #1875