Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: LY8O <ly8o@ot.lt>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:29:39 +0300
Inspection during the contest? No problem - always welcome! But:
1. I can offer a small table in the corner of the room.
2. The visitor must promisse me to be silence whatever whenever.
3. I am smoker - all other problems in not my.
4. I can offer tea or coffe - food is not my problem.
5. Sleeping palce for visitor? Perhaps I can offer a corner, but not sure it is
my problem.
6. No any translation when chating with station owner in local language. The
inspector must understand that questions could be how the things are going or
have you any problems or would you like tea/coffe or something similar :)
7. No any questions or movements when he will see me jumping up and high speed
running out the room. :) :) And back with a lucky face :)
8. Transportation to and from radio station location is not my problem. Maps
screen shot or GPS coordinates coud be sent on the first request before the
contest. But not last day before the contest - there is so many things to do.
9. Inspector must keep in mind that comfort level at the contest position is
very very average (in my situation) - I am going there for the contest fun and
not for a relax weekend :)
If all above is acceptable - you're always welcome!

Well I have no idea how to realise contest station inspection in the real life.
The inspector must have high enough experience in contesting to understand what
is going on, especialy when the operation is SO2R and full 48 hours (which is
very questionable for me - my best one perhaps was 44 hours and I feel dead
after the event for the next few days).
On the other hand there must be clearl description of the inspector rights and
priveleges - we can not start the "inspection game without the rules" IMHO. And
the CC must understand that inspection costs could be high. But if there is a
possibility - why not?
Since 1980 when I had started my Amateur Radio life I understood that it is
based on the Amateur Spirit and Fair Play. Every contest I am fighting with
myself first : if I am satisfied with the final result (no matter with overall
standings) and if I feel I have done something close to my maximum
possibilities in this contest - I am happy. Of course if my final result succed
to be printed somewhere in upper part of the overall table - I'll be happy
ones again. And no more. It is a hobby for me and a possibility to change my
minds for some period. Not a job.
Today we have the contest rules so CC must create the inspection rules and to
inform Amateur Radio Community before the actions will take place. IMHO.

73, Remi LY8O