Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?

To: CQ-Contest com <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:13:04 -0400
On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Milt, N5IA wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I really don't comprehend how you can even come close to making a M/
> S play "obviously artificial" compared to a M/M.

Let us use a 2 transmitter setup for simplicity sake
Imagine if you will, a  method to lock out one transmitter while
another is in use.
Now imagine this lockout operating very quickly. One transmitter, then
the other in rapid sequence are transmitting - and since only one is
transmitting at any given time, there is only one signal on the air.
Do it fast enough, and the Ops on the other end will hear what seems
like a normal signal. Two stations, two Ops, two simultaneous QSOs,
and only one transmitter on the air at any given time.

This is not science fiction here.

> Please enlighten me and the reflector.

It's how it was explained to me by people a lot smarter than myself,
in this very group. They might be of some help if my explanation
wasn't good enough,

Your humble buckaroo

-73 de Mike N3LI -