[CQ-Contest] Finding things on the Contesting Compendium

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Finding things on the Contesting Compendium
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:38:29 -0400
Did you know that the wiki software used by the Contesting Compendium
has a very powerful search engine?  You can look for any word or
combination of words in any of the close to 300 articles currently in
the Compendium.  Type the words in the search box in the left margin and
click on "Search", and the wiki searches for those words both *in* the
titles of pages and in page texts.

The Table of Contents of the Compendium has another unique feature -
each article may be found under multiple primary or secondary headings.
For example, an article on contesting on 40 meters might appear both
under the heading of "Techniques and information used during the
contest" and in the Propagation section, under "Contesting
Propagation."  We're still working out a few of the kinks in this, but
it should prove useful as the Compendium grows.

This week, we've added a number of articles. They include:

Wind load calculations
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Wind_load_calculations> by K7NV

Guy cable data <http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Guy_cable_data> by
K7NV

A link to "Why Do People Cheat"
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/opinion/04iht-edbadsport.1.7751929.html>
by Drake Bennett of the Boston Globe.

K3NA's Setting receiver gain controls
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Setting_receiver_gain_controls>

AA5AU's Getting started on RTTY
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Getting_started_on_RTTY_-_Introduction>

Ten commandments for contesters
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Ten_commandments_for_contesters>

We hope you find all this timely and interesting.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com