Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest history

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest history
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro.tcg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:08:38 -0500
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:38 PM, James  Cain<jamesdavidcain@gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing to be said for the american radio relay league is that qst back
> issues are available on line to arrl members. CQ doing the same would
> be of great benefit to historians but of no business value to the
> publisher that I can think of.

CQ Magazine archives are available online from hamcall.net on
a subscription basis. I've used the service to research the early
history of the CQ WW contest.

> Too bad the arrl does not make National Contest Journal back issues
> available on line.

NCJ back issues going back to the first issue are available on CD-ROM
from the ARRL. The interface is kind of crude, but the pages are all
there. They make interesting reading for the contest historian, and also
demonstrate the "the more things change, the more things stay the same."

73  Kirk  K4RO