Re: [CQ-Contest] Who Is the Oldest?

To: "'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Who Is the Oldest?
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:58:30 -0400
Ward,

There's no, ah, "contest."

If the 2009 running of it is the 45th annual California QSO Party... and the
2009 running is the 52nd annual Pennsylvania QSO party(*)... c'mon, it's not
even close.

This reminds me of what one local club used to do... they'd hand out flyers
to their upcoming hamfest in March, proclaiming it the first one in the
area.  They did this at MY club's hamfest in February.  You can put whatever
you want on a flyer, but if it's not true, it's not true, no matter how much
hype you put behind it.

73, ron w3wn

(*) yes, I know Mike N3LI didn't put the number of years on this year's web
site... but the 2006 results state that it's the 49th annual, 2007 the 50th,
and last year was the 51st, so it's not exactly tough to figure out!