[CQ-Contest] 2009 PA qso party

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2009 PA qso party
From: ka3qlf@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:00:16 +0000 (UTC)

This coming weekend, October 10th and 11th is the annual PA Qso Party. Complete
rules can be found at the following URL:

www.Nittany-arc.net/paqso.htm

A few points about this contest...log submissions, for whatever reason, they
still require a snail mailed summary sheet. Even if you submit your log
electronically, they still want the summary sheet. Also, PSK31 and RTTY are
considered separate modes. This event also has a bonus station worth an extra
200 points per qso, added on to final score, After multipliers and qso points.
This years bonus station is N3KAE out of Wyoming county, PA I am honored to be
the primary CW op at this station. We plan to be active on all contest bands,
2M-160M, utilizing CW, and SSB on 10-160, with RTTY and PSK on 20-80. There are
some scheduled contest "high band activity periods" While we are active on 15
and 10M, that is when we plan to begin digital activity on 20M. <40 and 80>
digital will be scattered throughout the contest when the cw op (me) needs a
break. New this year to the PA Qso Party is a PSK-31 plaque.

For the 6M enthusiasts, we will be parked at or very near 50.135, cqing mainly
with SSB, and we would like to switch from ssb to CW on same freq immediately
following the ssb qso. 2m will be fm only, on or near 146.55.

Please work us often, and don;t be afraid to spot us on any cluster.

For our dx friends, while on 20M the beam may be pointed west, when I am the
op, I will be calling at times for dx only, and will swing beam to wherever
is needed  Also, Sunday morning the beam is generally pointed east, to give EU
and africa a better shot. Saturday evening time, on 40 and 80M CW, I also will
be calling at times for DX only, so please do not be afraid to call us. Any
questions, please feel free to shoot over an email. I look forward to working
many of you during this event.

Best 73--Scott, KA3QLF